As Hyderabad witnessed a second bout of heavy rainfall on Saturday evening barely days after torrential rainfall devastated the capital city of Telangana earlier this week, it led to traffic snarls and water-logging in several areas of Hyderabad city.
Here are five components of the story:
- Two more people have died in rain-related incidents in Hyderabad on Sunday.
- Many residential areas like Hafiz Baba Nagar, Omer Colony Nabeel Colony and other adjoining areas have been inundated.
- Hyderabad Commissioner of Police Anjani Kumar said that evacuation is being carried out in low-lying areas. “Inundation of low-lying colonies Hafiz baba nagar, Phoolbagh, Omar Colony, Indra Nagar, Shivaji Nagar, Rajiv Nagar. Please cooperate with Police in evacuation exercise,” Commissioner Kumar added.
- Singapur Township in Telangana’s Medchal Malkajgiri district received 157.3 mm of rainfall on Saturday. Bandlaguda near Uppal in Hyderabad city followed with 153 mm of rain.
- Parts of 500-year-old Golconda fort have also been damaged by the incessant rainfall.