News: In a flurry of arrests against anti-CAA protesters, the Delhi Police on Friday booked already arrested Pinjra Tod activist Natasha Narwal under the stringent Unlawful Activities Prevention Act (UAPA) for her alleged role in inciting the communal riots in Northeast Delhi
Here five components of the story
- Natasha Narwal along with another JNU student Devangana Kalita was arrested for in a case related to Delhi’s riots.
- On Sunday, both were granted bail by the court in the case, but moments later the Delhi Police crime branch moved an application to the Delhi High Court for further interrogation. Both were sent to Tihar Jail for 14 days.
- Narwal was re-arrested by the special cell when she was booked under UAPA.
- Narwal is the seventh person to be booked under UAPA among other anti-CAA protesters including Aam Aadmi Party councilor Tahir Hussain and two Jamia students – Meeran Haider and Safoora Zargar.
- Devangana Kalita and Natasha Narwal, both students of New Delhi’s Jawaharlal Nehru University, had been at the forefront of the Pinjra Tod movement.