News: Vishnu Gupta, the National President of the Hindu Sena alleged in an email to Home Minister Amit Shah that Ekta Kapoor’s web series ‘Triple X-2’ was offensive and derogatory, demanding that she be stripped of the honour of the Padma Shri.
Here are five components of the story:
- ‘Triple X-2′ is based on the lives of army personnel. Gupta said that army soldiers sacrifice their lives for the country, but the series’ producer and director have depicted that armymen’s wives are intimate with other men at home when their husbands are away serving on the borders.
- “These contents are highly objectionable, inappropriate and vulgar and it could demoralise our armed forces,” he said.
- He claimed that Ekta Kapoor did not deserve the Padma Shri, which is the highest civilian honour in the country, because of the how vulgar and malicious the content is.
- He also asked the Home Minister to charge her with IPC 124A, the charge for sedition, for making a web series that insults the armed forces.
- Martyrs Welfare Foundation (MWF) chairman Major TC Rao has also registered a police complaint against the web series in Gurugram’s Palam Vihar police station.